The length of your curtain Length For 9 Foot Ceilings depends on a few factors. First, you should measure the width of your window frame or sill and then find the length that will allow your curtain to hang just a few inches above your ceiling. If you use a drape, you should also measure the width of your drape. You can hang your curtain three to six inches above the sill or frame, depending on your preference. Also, don’t forget to consider the height of the ceiling in your space. If your ceiling is nine feet high, you should hang your drape about four to six inches above it.
Hang curtains 4 to 6 inches above the window frame
You might not have thought about it, but hanging curtains high is actually a common trick for adding a bit of height to a room. It may even make it seem larger, depending on your ceiling height and what kind of curtains you choose.
The best way
- to find out what the right curtain length is for your space is to measure. If you know the width and length of the window, you’ll have a better chance of getting the measurements right. However, the best curtain length can vary widely based on your ceiling height and your personal taste.
- A good rule of thumb is to hang your curtains about 4 to 6 inches above the window frame. This is a small amount, but it makes a big difference. When hanging curtains this high, you’ll be able to hide the window frame and other uncovered windows from view.
- In addition to measuring the height of the rod, you should also take into consideration the amount of stack-back you want in your window treatment. Lighter fabrics will need less fullness, but heavier ones might require a bit more.
- To find the most effective method of hanging curtains, try to visualize the finished look from different angles. For instance, you can hang your drapes at the top of the wall to show off the architectural detail.
- Another trick is to hang curtains from the ceiling. Not only will it allow you to hide the frame, it will also make the room appear higher. That said, it can be tricky to find a way to hang curtains from a 10 foot ceiling. Fortunately, there are a few tricks you can use to make your windows seem bigger.
- One of the best ways to do this is by using a wide curtain rod. The wider your rod, the more open your room will feel. Also, you’ll have a much easier time pulling the curtains to the side of the window.
- Of course, the most effective way to get the most out of your curtain rod is to hang it at the proper height.
Hang drapes wider than the width of your window frame/sill
If your window has a 9 foot ceiling, you might be wondering if you should hang drapes wider than the width of your window frame/sill. While there is no hard and fast rule, a good rule of thumb is to hang them 4 to 6 inches above the window trim.
Drapes can add style to your room and add visual impact through pattern and texture. For example, cafe curtains can give a casual look in your kitchen or bathroom. Choosing the right size drapes for your windows can make a big difference in your room’s appearance.
You may want to consider purchasing double-wide panels. These are made by sewing two or four panels together. The extra width will hide any curtain breaks.
Another option is to use
- a decorative rod. These are designed to dress up your window and bring light into the room. They come in many styles and are easy to install. In addition, they can complement your drapes.
- Drapes are often heavier than other window coverings. Therefore, you will need to have a large decorative rod to support them. Also, you should have room between the rod and the ceiling. This allows the drape to open without blocking the window.
- When hanging curtains from a rod, it’s important to measure the height and width of your window to determine if the rod needs to be shortened or extended. Hanging high makes your window seem bigger, while hanging low can make it seem smaller.
- A final consideration is whether you need to attach the rod brackets to your wall. To attach the brackets, you need to have wall anchors. It’s also a good idea to put a toggle bolt in between the wall studs. Alternatively, you can purchase end caps.
- There are also a number of different drapery hardware options. From jute string to metal curtain track, there are numerous ways to mount your drapes. Choose one that matches the design of your room and your drapes.
- Curtains are a great way to bring light into your home. They can instantly transform a room.
Hang curtains 3” to 6” from the ceiling
When you are hanging curtains on a 9 foot ceiling you need to think of the room’s length as well as the window’s width. For the most part, you want to have at least 5 inches between the top of the curtain rod and the top of the window frame. Depending on your room’s style, you may want to add a bit more. This will help the room feel larger and may even help stretch out the windows.
You can also choose to hang
- your curtains at the top of the wall. This will not only make the wall look taller, but it will hide the wall trim. However, this method can look a bit sloppy if your walls aren’t straight. The best way to do this is to use a level.
- If you have a 10 foot ceiling, you might be able to hang your curtains from the ceiling. Hanging them this way can be tricky, though. So you need to be sure to know exactly where to put your rods and brackets. Otherwise, you will end up with a room that looks awkward and out of place.
- There are a number of ways to hang curtains on a 9 foot ceiling. It all depends on the type of curtains you’re purchasing and what you want to accomplish. One of the most popular methods is to hang them over the window. To do this, you need to measure from the floor to the top of the window frame.
- Another way to do this is by using a curtain rod. These are commonly hung 4 or 6 inches above the window frame. They can give the impression of a room with higher ceilings, but you’ll need to be careful to ensure the rod is level.
- Hanging drapes at the top of the wall also makes the window look bigger. In addition, it will allow you to show off your decorative molding.
- Finally, when you are measuring the curtains to see which ones will work for your home, it’s important to consider the size of your rods and the size of the window. A 4 or 5 inch width is ideal for your rods.
Avoid puddle curtains in high-traffic areas
When choosing curtains, it’s important to avoid puddle curtains in high traffic areas. If you live in an area that has pets, young children, or a lot of dirt and dust, puddled drapes may not be an ideal choice. Puddled curtains collect crumbs and dust, and they’re difficult to open. They can also be a tripping hazard. This is especially true if you’re using them in a room with a toddler.
Another problem with puddled drapes is that they can entangle kids and pets. To prevent this, it’s best to choose a more laid-back fabric such as cotton or linen. However, if you have a more formal decor, you can opt for dressy fabrics to match.
One way to avoid
- puddle curtains in high-traffic areas is to go with a shorter curtain length. Typically, a puddled curtain will fall about 6 to 8 inches onto the floor. But you can achieve a more dramatic effect by leaving a few extra inches of fabric beyond the window. These extra inches make the curtains appear more pooled. You can buy ready-to-hang curtains with a length of up to 18 inches.
- Another option to avoid puddle curtains in high-traffic zones is to use a blackout curtain. Blackout curtains are made of thick panels that can be placed on the back of the windows to block out light. A blackout curtain is great for bedrooms. It can be made from a wide variety of materials and colors.
- While puddle curtains are an elegant and romantic addition to any home, they’re not practical in places that get a lot of traffic. In fact, excessive puddled curtains can create tripping hazards. The best way to protect yourself from tripping is to avoid puddle curtains in high-traffic locations. For more information, check out our guide. Remember to use a metal tape measure when taking measurements. Don’t purchase too short of a rod and you’ll end up with a window that looks smaller than it actually is.
- Whatever type of curtains you decide to buy, be sure to take accurate measurements. Too-short curtains can make a room look bare.
When you are planning on adding curtains to your home, it is important to measure the height and width of the room first. This will help you determine the proper length of the curtains. The right length of curtains will make a big difference in the look and feel of a room.
To make sure that you buy the right size, it’s recommended to get a professional’s opinion. A professional designer can give you a fresh perspective on your project, and can help you pick the perfect curtains.
If you have a 9 foot ceiling, you’ll need a curtain that reaches at least 96 inches. This is because a curtain that reaches a foot below the floor will be too short to cover the entire wall. It will also be difficult to maintain the curtains on a 9-foot ceiling. However, if you have a shorter ceiling, you may be able to use 108-inch curtains.
To hang a 96-inch curtain
- you need a rod that is mounted about a foot below the ceiling. You can buy curtain rods in brushed nickel, antique brass, or a variety of other finishes. Alternatively, you can purchase curtain hardware that is drilled 4 inches below the ceiling.
- Getting the right length of curtains can be a complicated process. In addition to measuring correctly, you should keep in mind that smaller curtains will make a room look smaller, while longer curtains will make a room look bigger. Curtains should reach the floor, while also covering the trim around the window.
- Ideally, you should choose a curtain that is at least 10 inches wide. That way, it will frame the window, making it appear bigger. Adding sheer fabrics can also add an interesting effect.
- Another good rule is to avoid short curtains. You should never buy curtains that are less than 9 feet long. While some situations may require short curtains, the ideal length for most houses is at least 108 inches.
- You can also make the most of a 9-foot ceiling by choosing curtains that graze the floor. Most designers recommend that you get curtains that are at least 1 to 3 inches wider than the window. Doing this will prevent your curtains from breaking on the floor.
If you are in the market for a new set of curtains or are renovating your venerable abode, there is no better time to upgrade your feng shui than now. In a pinch, a bit of planning and elbow grease will see you and your family reap the benefits for years to come. A little research will yield a wealth of information and advice. From which to choose to which color to paint the walls, you have all the tools you need to get your home or business looking as good as new. One thing is for sure, you can never have too many options, and with the sheer variety of styles and fabrics, the right choice is easy to find. And thanks to the internet, you can even take advantage of a slick online catalog that’s bursting with fresh new inventory.
Puddle-style curtains are a popular choice for formal decor settings. They are an elegant and romantic look that’s also ideal for a feminine European feel. However, if you’re using this style of curtain in a room with a low ceiling, you’ll need to take a few extra steps to make sure it looks and feels good.
One common mistake is buying curtains that are too short. These will appear like short pants on lanky legs, and you’ll want to be sure your curtains are the length you need. The most common gap is about a foot. But if you can get a couple inches longer, it can help create a chic, elegant, and more sophisticated look.
If you’re using this style in a kitchen, you may also want to purchase curtains that are a few inches shorter. This will ensure they aren’t too long and will prevent them from squishing to the side.
Another option is to buy a floor-to-ceiling curtain. This type of curtain is ideal for rooms with big windows, because it provides reasonable lighting control and privacy. It can also be hard to find. Some people also prefer to hang curtains from two-thirds of the way up the window.
Whether you’re looking for a simple curtain or one with intricate patterns, there’s a variety of options available. Curtains are made in a number of materials, including cotton, linen, and polyester. You can find curtain panels that range in length from 63 to 144 inches. In addition to colors and patterns, many of the online retailers sell curtains with lined or unlined cotton.
If you’re planning on purchasing curtains for a room with a 9-foot ceiling, you’ll want to be sure that they are not too short. You’ll also want to make sure the fabric has contact with the floor.
There are a number of styles of curtains that can give you a puddled effect, but they should all be stationary and low traffic. That’s because puddled fabrics collect dust and can attract pets. Luckily, if you’re purchasing curtains for a nursery or ultra-feminine room, they will be easier to care for than traditional ones.
If you have a nine-foot ceiling, you will need to make some adjustments when it comes to your curtains. These may include adjusting the length of your curtain, as well as its hem.
You’ll also need to determine the appropriate curtain rod for your room. The most common style is to attach a curtain rod directly to the floor, but some people like to hang the rod above the window.
Using a curtain rod in this way can help you create a more stylish and unique look. But before you go out and buy one, you’ll need to know exactly how long your drapes should be. This can help you avoid getting too close to the frame of your windows.